COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan
Preparedness Plan Assurances
Hastings Adventist Elementary School agrees to meet all of the following requirements of Executive Order 2020-142
- The school assures that when it provides in-person instruction to its students without disabilities, the school must also provide in-person instruction to its students with disabilities, that are consistent with its non-public school special education plan.
- The school assures that when schools are closed to in-person instruction, the school must strive in good faith and to the extent practicable, based upon available resources, technology, training, and curriculum, as well as the circumstances presented by COVID-19, to provide equal access to any alternative modes of instruction to students with disabilities. This assurance includes the provision of auxiliary services under section 1296 of the Revised School Code, MCL 380.1296.
- The school assures that while any state of emergency or disaster related to the COVID-19 pandemic continues, it shall carefully review and implement guidance from the United States Department of Education, including its Office of Civil Rights and Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services, and the Michigan Department of Education concerning the delivery of alternative modes of instruction to students with disabilities so long as it is consistent with its denominational mission in light of the impact of COVID-19.
- The school assures that during Phase 1, 2, or 3 of the Michigan Safe Start Plan it will close its buildings to anyone except: (a) District employees or contractors necessary to conduct minimum basic school operations consistent with a Preparedness Plan, including those employers or contractors necessary to facilitate alternative modes of instruction, such as distributing materials and equipment or performing other necessary in-person functions. (b) Food-service workers preparing food for distribution to students or their families. (c) Licensed child-care providers and the families that they serve, if providers follow all emergency protocols identified by the state.
- The school assures that during Phase 1, 2, or 3 of the Michigan Safe Start Plan it will suspend athletics, after-school activities, inter-school activities, and busing.
- The school assures that during Phase 4 of the Michigan Safe Start Plan it will prohibit indoor assemblies that bring together students from more than one classroom.
- The school assures cooperation with the local public health department if a confirmed case of COVID-19 is identified.
- Note: The Michigan Conference of Seventh-day Adventist Education Department will carefully review each specific requirement/mandate/order to determine if the requirement/mandate/order is consistent with the Church’s mission.
Click the link below to review the full plan